I’ll be the first to admit that my taste in music is somewhat dorky. Not all of it is cringeworthy, but it’s been enough to make my lovers lift their heads from between my thighs to say, “Why are we listening to this?” I can’t help it – I love a good, sexy jam. So I’ve collected my ten favorites here, in the hopes that I can introduce you to a track that’ll take your sex life from good to groooovaaaay.
1. Usher – Twork It Out. This song makes Usher sound like the world’s most epic lover, as these R&B slowjams tend to do. And of course, the song is interspersed with occasional female moans of ecstacy. Now that I’ve got you all soaking wet, I’ll bet you know what’s coming next… You.
2. Snoop Dogg – Sexual Eruption. Gotta love a good euphemism for orgasm. This, again, is a song that mostly consists of male sexual braggery… but it’s kinda hot. I’m gonna take my time; she gon’ get hers before I.
3. Marvin Gaye – Let’s Get It On. On a list like this, there’s no way to avoid this classic lovemakin’ anthem. It’s sweet and adoring and pleading and honest. There’s nothin’ wrong with me loving you – and giving yourself to me can never be wrong, if the love is true.
4. Maroon 5 – Secret. I remember reading in some gross teen magazine that Ashlee Simpson thinks of this as the world’s sexiest song. I can’t disagree – it’s about straight-up sexual desire, and has that kind of groove that makes you want to grind on someone. I know I don’t know you, but I want you so bad.
5. Rihanna ft. Drake – What’s My Name? This is a song about cunnilingus. It’s about a woman demanding that a man prove himself to her via his sexual prowess. And it makes me want to sit on a sub fella’s face. Hey boy, I really wanna see if you can go downtown with a girl like me… I need a boy to take it over, looking for a guy to put in work.
6. Daniel Bedingfield – Without the Girl. This song really has nothing to do with sex (unless you count the subtext of unrequited love, which is sexual frustration and masturbation), but it has that “I could fuck to this” sound, so it made the list. She is my sunshine, but her heart belongs to another man.
7. Christina Aguilera – Loving Me For Me. (I know, I know. Don’t hate me.) “Xtina” has other songs which are more sex-centric than this one, but it’s still this one that I used to jerk off to, before I discovered porn… because this is a song about a comfortable relationship that happens to include great sex, and that’s hot. Your lips, your eyes, your smile, your kiss, I must admit, it’s a part of me… You please me, completely, filling me, like a melody.
8. O-Town – Sexiest Woman Alive. Genuine compliments will always be sexy. And the ensuing confidence will always be sexy. Ladies, if you need a pre-sex “get-pumped” song to make you feel like a bombshell, this might be it. When you walk into a room, the first reaction’s “Ooh” – every guy around just wants to sweat ya.
9. Lovage – Sex (I’m A). Lovage’s one album is entitled “Music to Make Love to Your Old Lady By,” so that should give you some indication of what this music is for. And it does the trick. It also includes a weird middle section where a woman with an Eastern European accent explains why men have affairs. I’m a man, I’m a goddess, I’m a virgin, I’m a blue movie, I’m a bitch, I’m a geisha, I’m a little girl, and we’ll make love together.
10. Reverie Sound Revue – One Marathon. Another unrequited love song? Yeah, apparently they contain a lot of unspoken sexual tension, which I dig. This one is jazzy and goes down smooth. But I know you know, I must swear you hear me say, “No – our misses are not a plan.” So I miss you, and I run through you.